Popular Posts

Friday, February 22, 2013

3 LAWS OF EXCEPTIONALITY (2)


Hello Dear Reader. In the first post on The 3 Laws of Exceptionality, I shared on the Law of Giving. In this post we will take on the second law. As a reminder, it is not what you know that really makes the difference but what you do with what you learn. I personally make conscious efforts to put into practice everything I learn immediately I leave the place of learning. That way, it gets built into my system and subconscious pretty faster because I am carrying it out with the enthusiasm I had when I learned it. If you allow the passion and energy to wane before you practice these laws, you may not get maximum results. You are the architect of your own destiny; I am just a guide and consultant. You are the builder, I am the observer. Guess what? I am just as busy building my own life as well. So you will be better off considering it a privilege to get a little of my attention since I am just as busy as you are. Before you get into reading the next law, if you missed my FREE E-book Gift in my last post, here is another opportunity to get it. Simply leave a comment about this post below, and be sure to include your e-mail address. You will receive your gift within 24 hours.


The Law of Obedience
True obedience is prompt and precise.
There are two concepts that try to discredit this law. They are partial obedience and delayed obedience. If I must lay things straight, the end does not justify the means. There are some things that are not to be rationalized. Let me give you a quick example: Suppose you are CEO of GE, and you tell your personal assistant “Sam, can you please get this cup of coffee off my table? I need to get down to work right away.” Sam responds that he will be right back to do what you have asked him to do; only that he just wants to deliver the files you handed to him earlier to the accounting department and HR. While Sam is away, your secretary walks in with a document for you to sign from the COO. Remembering that the cup of coffee is still on your table, you ask the secretary to get rid of it. She leaves the document before you, grabs the cup of coffee, wipes the table dry and heads out immediately. She returns within a few minutes to continue with the signing she earlier came in to do. While you are signing the document, Sam returns to execute the new instruction of getting the cup of coffee off your table only to realize that it’s been done already. Now tell me, who obeyed you? Sam or your secretary?
Obedience to God, authority figures, your intuition and your conscience – if it must count in your favor – must be prompt and precisely executed. What is instructed must not be incompletely executed nor should it be delayed for anything. We must learn to correctly discern what is important all the time, especially in the workplace. Partial obedience and delayed obedience are snags to experiencing the extraordinary results that should follow ever act of obedience. True obedience guarantees favor, strengthens reputation and enhances dependability. If you really want to obey, don’t delay and don’t rationalize. Do just what was instructed immediately.

I am still giving my newest E-BOOK worth $28: How To Get Along Well With Anybody as a FREE gift to everyone who leaves a comment about this post and their email address. Don’t miss my gift.

You are an ICON!

Adeleke David (Mr. Effectiveness)

2 comments:

  1. This post makes a lot of sense. I did learn a lot from it. Thanks Adeleke.
    xlace007@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are most welcome!

    I'm glad you did. Watch out for the final law on March 1.

    Adeleke

    ReplyDelete